After you have experienced the entertainment and rode the rollercoasters (notice I said AFTER the rollercoasters), sit down for a meal at Aunt Granny’s in Dollywood. This country buffet serves up all of the southern foods that come to mind when you think of Tennessee or Dolly Parton, if you think of food when you think of her, I guess.
The buffet included:
- Macaroni and cheese – creamy and good
- Corn – a little hard
- Noodles – buttery
- Beans – boring
- Mashed potatoes and gravy – very tasty
- Corn bread – bland
- Fried catfish – good
- Collared greens – I don’t eat them but mom said they were good
- Sliders – good and you can add toppings yourself
- Coconut cake – sweet and yummy
There were other items at the buffet, but I just passed them up.
Nothing knocked my socks off here, but if you don’t want to decide what to eat and want all of the southern food you can stuff your face with, this is the place to do it. If there is a next time, I might opt for their breakfast buffet instead. You can’t go wrong for $9.99.
Aunt Granny’s, Dollywood, 2700 Dollywood Parks Blvd., Pigeon Forge, TN, 800.DOLLYWOOD